Great Lakes Invitational Model United Nations (GLIMUN) 2016
A True UN Simulation for High School Students
GLIMUN, our flagship conference, has been running since GLICA incorporated in 1973. GLIMUN is designed to closely simulate the diplomatic activity that takes place within the United Nations Headquarters building, and in related symposia and summits across the globe. We gladly serve a range of delegates, from newcomers to the highly experienced.
GLIMUN 2016 Offering
- 3 General Assembly Committees
- 3 Economic and Social Council Committees
- Security Council
- General Assembly and ECOSOC Plenary Sessions
- A Special Crisis Session
GLIMUN 2016 will be located at the Radisson Hotel in Kalamazoo, MI and runs from Wednesday, November 30th through Saturday, December 3rd, 2016.
Click Hotel Info to go directly to the Radisson website. Call the hotel to set up your reservations and reference the "Great Lakes Invitational Model United Nations Conference" to receive the room block rate.
Important Dates to Remember
1. Delegation Registration & Assignment
Due to unexpected demand, GLICA has had to close registration for GLIMUN 2016 early! Thank you everyone for your support, and we are really looking forward to this year's conference!
2. Position Paper Deadline
• Position papers are due by Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 at 5:00pm EST. Delegations not submitting all position papers by the deadline will not be eligible for Delegation awards in plenary.
• Opening Speakers will be selected after the position paper deadline has closed.
3. Delegate Drop Deadline
• GLICA understands that the number of delegates registered may change between the initial time of registration and the conference date. Delegate fees will be waived/returned for delegates who drop prior to November 11th, 2016. After November 11th, schools will be responsible for paying the full delegate fees.
4. Opening and Closing Session
• Opening session begins at 7:00pm EST on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 and closing session is from 2:30-3:30pm EST on Saturday December 3, 2016.
If you have any question regarding GLIMUN 2016, please feel free to contact Secretary-General Bill Moraniec at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Assembly
- Disarmament & International Security Committee (DISEC)
- Special Political Committee (SpecPol)
- Science & Technology Committee (SciTech)
- United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Security Council